Monday, June 15, 2009

sitting in class ...

I'm finishing up two weeks in Tozer Seminary ... two weeks, 10 days, 80 hours of class ... "the life and thought of Bonhoeffer" and "Global issues in Evangelism" ... my head hurts ...

I'm sitting in class with some great friends ... yes, of course, the one and only Shawn Bagley from Utah ... sitting right next to me and making me laugh ... we're drinking coffee and eating skittles ... skittles, friends, and theology ... it's my life ...

Once I finish this week, my family and I are leaving for our summer vacation to Canada ... good old British Columbia ... I can't wait ... all 6 of us piling into our mini-van for an adventure to the land of Canada ... go Canada!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Dr. Slane + Bonhoeffer = bffs

Nathan, I'm excited for you that you have a Slane class! Dr. Slane is an incredible professor. He'll make you think. He'll respect your thoughts. He'll make you think again. And then encourage you and make you think that you actually do have some good thoughts. Soak up that man's wisdom.

...It was worth my entire tuition.


P.S. great leading with you Monday. Here's to never getting away from chapels...

Steve Swinburne said...

Let me know when you'll be coming through town on your trip to BC. You guys can stay at our place if you need to or just stop by and we'll feed you dinner.

jered said...

How cool to be in a Slane class again. And with Bags? Freaking awesome.

As soon as I read the word "Canada" in your post, Reese from Five Iron has been singing in my head ever since.

"It's the maple leaf state ..."