Wednesday, June 3, 2009

brothers ...


when I was young, my brothers and I were in a rock band named 'Outburst' ...

Benji played the drums, Jeremy played the guitar, and I played the piano and sang ... in fact, we actually filmed a music video (we never finished it, due to the fact I got angry with my brothers and kicked them out of the video) ... anyways, one day I'll post it on my sight for your entertainment ...

we wrote a few song and performed concerts for the neighbors and their families ... we set up our instruments in the garage and jammed for hours ... back in the grunge days (before Nirvana caught on) ... I wrote a rap song called 'the Resurrection Rap,' inspired by Carmen, of course ... and I wrote a few worship songs, inspired by Michael W. Smith and Keith Green ...

as a band, we never released an album, but we were a hit in the neighborhood ... and that's all that matters ... we made people laugh and our songs gave people hope ... years later, when I began high school, the band broke up ... it was a sad day, but nothing great lasts forever (except love and Jesus and Christian rap) ...

Benji grew up to be a loan officer ... Jeremy moved to Seattle to become a legend in the rock world ... I am a pastor in Northern California ... we are still friends, and perhaps one day we will resurrect 'Outburst' for one more concert in the garage ... long live rock ...

one more thing: if you've never heard of Carmen, you've never lived ...

7 comments:

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

LOVED Carmen:)

Amy Dubois said...

Seriously wanting to hear Resurrection Rap now!

Leah said...

There's nothing in the world like "The Champion". Seriously, nothing.

Andrew Ratiani said...

did you forget to say the part where jeremey moved back to california, or did i miss the part where he moved back to redding?

and yes please to a you doing the rap sometime. make sure you tell people ahead of time so they can bring cameras. please.

idiot said...

Nice couch.

West Coast Scrapper said...

I follow your blog, will you follow mine? http://scrappinwestcoast.blogspot.com/

West Coast Scrapper said...

LIfe sux....you? 4 kids....nuts! My 2 keep me VERY busy!