Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm going home ...


my grandma June passed away this Thursday morning at 6:05 am ...

she loved Jesus ... she walked with God ... she lived a life of courage and passion ... she played the piano and used her musical talent for God's glory ... more than anything, she loved to serve people ... she had a burning passion for people ...

my grandpa Paul and grandma June were missionaries in countries all around the world ... they saw revival in villages, cities and nations ... they preached the message of Jesus with boldness ... they prayed for the sick ... they cast out demons ... they saw the dead come back to life ... they planted churches in New Zealand, the Philippines, and Canada ... they lived filled with the Holy Spirit ...

grandma June leaves behind a great legacy ... she gave her life ...

early this morning, my grandma called the nurse into her hospital room ... she spoke quietly, yet boldly to the nurse and said, "I need to get dressed, I'm going home" ... these were her last words, and she fell asleep ...

7 comments:

Amy Dubois said...

What an amazing lady! I'm so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how much fun she's having with the King right now :)

Steve Swinburne said...

Sorry, for your loss. Praying for your Grandpa and the rest of your family.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear that your grandma has passed... but so excited that she is with Jesus in Glory right now!

Ali Lipski said...

Oh Nathan. I'm so sorry to hear this. But she seemed like she lived an amazing life here on Earth, and she is now really living! Prayers go out to you and all your family!

vicki said...

Your grandma sounded like a wonderful person and will be greatly missed by you and your family I am sure. She however will always be with you because she lives on in your heart each and every day. Take care....

Leah said...

Nate, I am so sorry that you have lost your Grandma for now, but what an amazing testimony that she knew she was ready! Josh will be very sad, he really likes your grandpa and grandma. We will pray for your grandpa during this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

I,m sorry to hear that. I pray your Grnndpa would be strong in this season.