Thursday, May 21, 2009

Adiah's first song ...

tonight, my 4 year old daughter Adiah wrote her first song ... my kids are great song writers ... it must run in the family ...

most people don't know this, but almost everyone in my family has incredible musical talent ...

my grandma plays the accordian and keyboard ...
my other grandma plays the tuba and the piano ...
my grandfather plays the trumpet and sings ...
my father plays piano, guitar and writes songs ...
my mom plays the guitar and the piano (and coordinates weddings) ...
my uncle plays the banjo ...
my brother Benji plays guitar and enjoys country music ...
my wife sings and plays the recorder ...
my daughters are songwriters ...
oh yeah, my brother Jeremy wrote a couple of songs in a rock band (I think they won some MTV contest) ...
and I played the trombone in high school ...

anyways, here are the lyrics to Adiah's new song:

I love you Jesus
Please come with me to Disneyland
Please help my birthday to come really fast
I hope my birthday has cupcakes and cake
I hope Spring comes fast

Chorus:
I love you Jesus
I love you all the way to the moon and back

I love you Jesus
I love you everywhere
I love you to the sun
I love my baby sister Alicia
I hope she grows up fast

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is Rad man. Cru (my 4 year old) wrote a song a few weeks back, and Josie helped him finish it off. It's so great to see their honesty in their songs, no fear or worry about impressing the masses, just sharing their honest hearts to God. Reminds me of the Psalms.

Pearcia LaPointe said...

You need to get a video of her singing it up here! Or maybe the two of you hacking out the chords to go with the words. I love it! I hope my birthday has cupcakes and cake too...

Andrew Ratiani said...

i leanred two things today. one, adiah is possibly one of the coolest ittle girls ever. this song is epic. next time i'm in redding we're singing it. i don't care if i have to lead it. 2. apparently you no longer play keys or guitar or sing ridiculously high melodies that make matt josiah and i mildly jealous. i say that because you only mentioned trombone in high school.

Cartoon said...

Don't forget your Grampa Hearn did write songs with your Gramma....
I remember you boys as little kids writing songs...and they were quite good! esp the one that used football as a metaphor as the battle between God vs satan...good song...you had a whole scribbler full! I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree!! :D

the lains said...

I love Adiah's new hit song!!! Maybe her song can win some MTV Contests too! I especially like the part about Jesus going to Disneyland with her! Mickey needs Jesus too!