Monday, April 20, 2009

Courage ...

I met with Banning today over lunch to share hearts and get ready for the 'Dreams Conference' this May ... it's going to be amazing ... as of now, we have over 15 different churches coming and so many creative leaders, pastors, church planters, business men, worship leaders, filmmakers, songwriters, and people just hungry to dream with God ... one of the themes this year is going to be courage ... more than anything, we need courage to dream with God ... there is a war for courage and an enemy who lives to discourage ... we need courage to rise up and chase after God's dreams with boldness and passion ...

Over the past few weeks, I've been reading the book of Acts to prepare for our Acts series this summer ... seriously, Acts is such a dangerous book ... it confronts us and threatens us ... it's impossible to read the story of Acts and not be filled with courage to follow Jesus ... it's a great time to be alive!

I've wanted to teach through this book for a long time ... in the first chapter, Jesus makes this amazing promise ... that the Holy Spirit would come up on us and that we would have power ... power to love and power to serve and power to forgive and power to cast out demons and power to prophecy and power to heal the sick and power to raise the dead ... is that your life?

Years ago, someone asked me this question? ... "If the Holy Spirit removed Himself from your life for a day, would anyone even notice?" ...

I want my life to be so filled with love and courage and so defined by the power of the Holy Spirit that people around me are drawn deeper into a life with God ... I can't wait to see what God does in our church this summer ...

4 comments:

Beckie Luff said...

Wow - that is awesome Nate! I want more of that power and courage too!
I see that boldness and strength already in you and am so thankful for how you allow the Lord to use you! Thank you for giving of yourself. You are loved and appreciated!

Klein said...

I can't wait tell you speak in tongues

Emily Faulknor said...

Nathan, I want you to know that Brett and I miss hearing you preach God's word. We podcast the Stirring frequently and have not found here in SD anyone that we would rather listen to. God has truly annointed you and blessed you with this gift and you have been obedient which has just furthered the blessing upon you. Thank you for being such a servant and for following God's heart and being an example to us all. You are awesome!

Josh H. said...

what does dreaming with God mean?