Tuesday, February 26, 2008

the garage

today I embrace the blogging world . . . my wife just hooked me up with this amazing blog page . . . she's a blogging genius . . . i keep telling her that she should write a book . . . i'd read it, but then again, I'm her husband . . .

i've been told that the 'first blog' is supposed to be some profound life changing blog . . . so here it goes . . .

when I was 10 years old, I started a band called Outburst . . . benji on the drums . . . jeremy on the electric guitar . . . and of course, I played the keyboard . . . it all began in our garage . . . we wrote songs . . . we practiced every night . . . we even performed 'live' for the neighbors . . . seriously, our friends and their families would gather in our garage for concerts . . . we would flick the garage lights on and off for a light show . . . and we even produced a music video . . . true story . . .

and so i dedicate this first blog to all those musicians who are trying so hard to get their bands off the ground . . . to bands like Wesley Jensen and Friends . . . and garage rock bands like the Myriad . . . and local bands who play in bars and pizza parlors . . . don't give up . . .

one day the world will hear your songs . . . and they will gather in your garage like they gathered in mine . . .

4 comments:

rev rock said...

and when you're old and no one cares anymore they feel sorry for you and let you lead worship at church! Welcome to the blog madness.

Rosetta Borgic said...

Oh great! No one told me that my first blog was supposed to be profound. What the heck?!

Anna said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I'm pretty new myself but so far I like it other than a few things I can't figure out. I wish I had known that the first entry was supposed to be profound, I had no idea! Bummer. :)

Anonymous said...

By reading this blog, my life has changed SO much... thank you Nathan Edwardson.. How can I ever re-pay you?. hehe.. Just kiddin.. Welcome friend.